Roasted cauliflower makes a delicious and satisfying snack. Cauliflower is in the cruciferous family, along with broccoli and Brussels sprouts. These vegetables contain the phytonutrients indole-3-carbinol, or 13C, and sulforaphane which can act as anti-estrogens and be preventative against estrogen-related cancers, such as breast cancer. Cauliflower also contains vitamin C and folate. Three florets of raw cauliflower a day will provide you with 67% of your daily vitamin C requirement.
- 2 bunches of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200°C)
2. Place the cauliflower, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl and toss.
3. Place in a large roasting pan in the oven for 30 minutes.