This dish is so tasty it won’t feel like you’re on a detox diet. This dish is perfect for people who are easing into a detox diet with a few days of fish, or have to entertain while they are on the detox and want a recipe that will satisfy all. Bon appetit!
Makes six servings.
Step 1: Red Snapper
- 6 four-ounce pieces of red snapper
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon red pepper coulis (Recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
1. Preheat oven to 300 F degrees.
2. Place the snapper pieces in a shallow baking dish and cover with water.
3. Add the lemon juice, peppercorns, and bay leaf.
4. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Kale
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds of kale
1. Heat the olive oil in a big and deep bowl over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic to the pan and brown slightly.
3. Add kale to the bowl and saute just until wilted.
Step 3: Red Pepper Coulis
- 2 red peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 cup basil
1. Roast the peppers over an open fire until blackened. If you don’t have the facilities to do this, place the peppers on a foil-lined pan and broil in the oven until blackened.
2. Place the peppers in an airtight container until cool.
3. Remove blackened skin and seeds. Dice the red peppers.
4. Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat and add garlic.
5. Brown slightly and add basil.
6. Add the red pepper and remove from heat.
7. Allow to cool.
8. Place in a blender and puree.
Assembling the dish
Divide the kale on six dinner plates and arrange in a pile in the middle of the plate. Place the fish on top of the kale. Pour the red pepper coulis over the fish. Enjoy!