A quick, delicious Hawaiian recipe. We hope you will like.
Serving size : 6
- 1 pound round steak, flank steak, or beef of your choice
- Beef Marinade (see below)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Stir-Fry Sauce (see below)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1-Slice the beef into thin strips, or bite-sized pieces.
2-Massage the marinade into the meat.
3-Let marinate for 30 minutes.
4-Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
5-Stir-fry the beef for about 2 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
6-Add vegetables to the pan, and stir-fry until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
7-Add stir-fry sauce to the vegetables. Cook for about 2 minutes, until it comes to a boil.
8-Add the beef and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
1 tablespoon soy sauce; 1 tablespoon sherry; 1 tablespoon vegetable oil; 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar; 1 clove fresh garlic, minced; ¼ finger fresh ginger, peeled and minced. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Makes about ¼ cup.
1 cup chicken stock; 1 tablespoon cornstarch; 2 tablespoons soy sauce; 2 teaspoons salt; 2 teaspoons brown sugar; 1 teaspoon oyster sauce. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Makes 1 cup.