This recipe is very healthy and it is used in a cleaning detox diet. It makes a perfect snack to satisfy the tastebuds.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup medium diced onion
- 1 cup medium diced carrots
- 1 cup medium diced celery
- 1 cup medium diced leek
- 6 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- Sprig of thyme
- 2 pounds of chopped spinach
1. Heat the olive oil in a large and a deep bowl and saute the garlics for 2-3 minutes.
2. Mix the celery, onion, carrots and leeks with the sauteed garlics.
3. Continue sauting until the onions colour transform pink.
4. Then add bay leaves and water.
5. After 2-3 nimutes add thyme.
6. Boil the mixture for one hour.
7. After one hour, allow to set to cool.
8. After 40-45 minutes take off the bay leaves and thyme from the bowl.
9. Puree the vegetables and broth in a blender.
10. Pour the puree back into the stock pot again and put the spinach in it.
11. Cook at the medium heat until spinach wilts.
Serve hot. Enjoy.